Please enter your travel dates.
Superior Double or Twin Room - Room Only
Deluxe Double or Twin Room - Room Only
Standard Double Room, 1 King Bed, Park View - Room Only
Standard Apartment, 1 King Bed with Sofabed - One Bed Room. Room Only
Privately-owned London hotel opposite Green Park
A stay at The Athenaeum places you in the heart of London, walking distance from Green Park and Wellington Arch.
This 5-star hotel is close to Buckingham Palace and Trafalgar Square.
Make yourself at home in one of the 164 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and plasma televisions. Relax and take in city views from the privacy of your room. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while iPod docking stations and cable programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms have makeup/shaving mirrors and designer toiletries.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 spa tubs, a health club, and a steam room. Additional amenities include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in London? This hotel has 1740 square feet (162 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and banquet facilities. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available on request), and limited parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
The Athenaeum has 3 conference/function rooms, the largest of which seats up to 55 people and can be divided to make 2 smaller rooms. All the meeting rooms are equipped with full conference facilities including video conferencing. They can also be prepared for cocktail receptions, private dining, or weddings. The dedicated business center offers private access to office facilities for all guests. An airport shuttle service can be arranged on request, and limited onsite secure parking is available (charges apply).
The Athenaeum Spa, located in the basement, can be reached directly from all guestrooms by a dedicated lift. The Spa offers manicures and pedicures, spa tub, body scrubs, body treatments, body wraps, massages, beauty services and couples treatment rooms. Simple treatments can also be carried out in the guestrooms on request. The modern gym is open 24 hours and guests can relax in the steam rooms. For those who prefer the fresh air, staff can provide detailed maps of all the jogging routes through the nearby Royal Parks.
With a one-of-a-kind kids' concierge service, this family-friendly hotel has special rooms designed for families and wee ones.
- Children's club
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Spa services on site
- Full-service health spa
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Concierge services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Business center
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Secretarial services
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 164
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Translation services
- Currency exchange
- Medical assistance available
- Babysitting or childcare
- Beauty services
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Number of spa tubs - 2
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Tour assistance
- Number of floors - 10
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 162
- Secure parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Technology support staff
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 3
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 1740
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Secure parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Remote lighting/drapery/curtain control
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathroom phone
- Makeup/shaving mirror
- Sewing kit
- Cable TV service
- Electronic check-out
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- iPod docking station
- In-room massage available
- Daily housekeeping
- Plasma TV
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- City view
- Espresso maker
The Restaurant - An eclectic menu with quintessential British dishes, featuring plenty of fish, seafood, and vegetarian options, all prepared with organic vegetables.
Whisky Bar - This bar offers an extensive collection of whiskies – a selection of over 270. A wide variety of cigars is also available, as are cocktails, soft drinks, and snacks. Guests mingle at the bar or relax on the large leather sofas. Open all day until late evening.
The Garden Room - Serves award-winning afternoon teas and light lunches.
The hotel is across the street from Green Park which is crisscrossed with walking and jogging paths. The adjoining Hyde Park has horseriding stables and is popular with rollerskaters. The Serpentine Lake, also in Hyde Park, is a beautiful place to go boating.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Spa tub in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club Diners Club, Discover, JCB International JCB International, MasterCard MasterCard, Visa Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Caters to families
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 27.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 85.00
- Valet parking fee: GBP 38 per day
- Pet deposit: GBP 1000 per stay
- Babysitting/childcare fee: GBP 18.00 per day, per child
- Deposit: GBP 100.00 per night
- Additional Details
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Shopping Discounts and VIP Experiences Promotion
Book a stay in any room type or rate category now - March 14, 2014, for travel January 2-March 14, 2014, and receive the following opportunities:
- 10% off shopping at The Burlington Arcade
- 10-50% off shopping at Covent Garden
- Personal hat consultation with Fortnum & Mason’s in-house milliner
- Attendance at a talk regarding 3 centuries of Fortnum & Mason’s past by Fortnum’s archivist. Includes tea or coffee and a copy of the book Fortnum & Mason – the First Three Hundred Years (available Tuesdays and Thursdays only)
- A 45-minute fragrance profile at Penhaligon’s with an expert consultant to match your personality to a fragrance. Available for up to 6 guests