Please enter your travel dates.
Fairmont Garden View
Fairmont Gold Ocean View
Partial Ocean View
Oceanfront Kohala Coast resort on Hawaii's Big Island
Located in Kamuela (Kohala Coast - Waikoloa), The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii is close to Great 4-D Movie Ride and Waikoloa Kings Golf Course.
This 4.5-star resort is within close proximity of Waikoloa Beach Golf Course and Seaside Putting Course.
Make yourself at home in one of the 540 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Rooms have private lanais. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including a health club and an outdoor pool. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), supervised childcare/activities, and an arcade/game room.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the resort's room service (during limited hours). Relax with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge or a poolside bar.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Event facilities at this resort consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii is located on the Kohala Coast, a 25-minute drive from the town of Waimea and 22 miles from the Kona airport.
An oceanfront restaurant at this resort on the Big Island of Hawaii serves regional cuisine with nightly Hawaiian music and hula shows. Other dining options include a breakfast restaurant, a sushi bar, a Hawaiian cowboy-themed lounge, and a poolside bar.
The resort offers a 10,000-square-foot freeform pool and two lava-rock spa tubs. Beachside activities include snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, and turtle watching. Spa Without Walls (surcharge) features oceanfront massage cabanas, while a fitness center has cardiovascular equipment and free weights.
The Keiki Aloha children's program (surcharge) provides supervised activities, including arts and crafts, nature walks, and snorkeling. Resort wear, jewelry, and spa products are sold in the resort's boutiques.
This Hawaii Fairmont has 30,000 square feet of indoor meeting and event space, with event catering, audiovisual equipment, and high-speed Internet access available (surcharge). A business center provides faxing, copying, shipping, and other services; fees apply. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) is available in the lobby.
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- On private beach
- Poolside bar
- Full-service health spa
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Secure parking
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Business center
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Audiovisual equipment
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Business services
- Computer rental
- Total number of rooms - 540
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 6
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Hair salon
- Beauty services
- Tour assistance
- Currency exchange
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Picnic area
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Arcade/game room
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Tennis on site
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Wedding services
- Laundry facilities
- Health club
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Pool table
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Video-game console
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Microwave (on request)
- Pay movies
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room massage available
- Cable TV service
- LCD TV
Brown's Beach House - Menu of Pacific Rim and Hawaiian regional cuisine featuring locally grown produce, fresh seafood from island waters, and mainland meats. Open for dinner, with nightly Hawaiian music.
Norio's Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar - Features authentic, traditional Japanese cuisine. An up-close-and-personal culinary experience is offered from a 12-seat sushi bar. With tables overlooking koi ponds, this intimate dinner restaurant features fresh sushi, teriyaki, tempura, and a selection of sakes and wines.
The Orchid Court - This breakfast restaurant serves daily buffets and à la carte items in an open-air setting with tropical garden and waterfall views.
Brown's Deli - Offering on-the-go snacks, sandwiches, fresh fruit, salads, pastries, and coffee drinks. Open all day.
Luana Lounge - Located near the main lobby, this leisurely and comfortable spot is perfect for relaxing and enjoying tropical libations and delectable pupus (appetizers). Features local Big Island art. Open mid afternoon until late night.
Hale Kai Restaurant - Watch endangered sea turtles bask on the shore from this toes-in-the-sand, family-style-dining restaurant. Serves a broad menu of lunch and dinner favorites, desserts, and cocktails. Located poolside. Open from late morning until late evening.
Kahakai Bar - Cocktails and pupus are served beachside under a Polynesian-style thatched roof. Open from late morning until early evening.
Resort staff can assist guests with snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, and other water sports; fees apply. Cultural and nature hikes are also available (surcharge). Complimentary water-aerobics classes are held in the resort's 10,000-square-foot freeform pool each morning. Other facilities include two outdoor spa tubs, and a fitness center. Guests have access to 10 tennis courts, with a pro shop and instruction available; fees apply.
For a one-time per-person fee, guests may obtain an optional activity pass that includes snorkeling, beach, and kayak equipment; yoga, surfing, and tennis lessons.
The Fairmont Orchid is adjacent to the Francis H. I'i Brown Golf Course, which features two 18-hole, par 72 golf courses with ocean views and green fairways patterned with black lava.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Basketball on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Bird watching on site
- Fishing on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Playground on site
- Rowing or canoeing on site
- Running track/path on site
- Sailing on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Snorkeling on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Swimming on site
- Volleyball on site
- Whale-watching on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Tennis on site
- Tennis lessons on site
The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii's Spa Without Walls offers a diverse menu of more than 45 treatments and therapies. Spa offerings fuse the Big Island's natural ingredients with indigenous healing methods, some of which were used by ancient Hawaiian healers. Guests can pamper themselves with spa services offered in oceanfront, waterfall, or indoor locations.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Sports massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Sauna in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is Noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Resort fee: USD 25.00 per accommodation, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 22.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 75 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2010 Travel + Leisure 500.
Children Eat Free
Children younger than 5 years old eat complimentary meals when accompanied by a paying adult. Children 5 - 12 years old enjoy meals at a 50-percent discount when accompanied by a paying adult.