Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Double Room
Standard Single Room, 1 Single Bed
Standard Twin Room, 2 Single Beds
Superior, Two Twin Beds
Stately Edinburgh Georgian hotel on George Street
With a stay at The George Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Edinburgh, steps from Assembly Rooms and Scott Monument.
This 4-star hotel is close to Princes Street Gardens and St. Giles' Cathedral.
Make yourself at home in one of the 249 guestrooms. High-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as safes and desks.
Make use of convenient amenities, which include wedding services and tour/ticket assistance.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a ballroom, banquet facilities, and exhibit space. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle or park nearby.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
This centrally located Edinburgh hotel is near the shops and restaurants of Edinburgh's fashionable George Street. A block from Princes Street and a quarter-mile from the National Gallery, The George Hotel is within easy access to the train station, airport, and a convention center. Guests will enjoy the close proximity to museums, art galleries, and Scottish monuments.
The George Hotel offers guests with many services and amenities, ensuring a comfortable stay. Amenities include banquet and exhibit facilities, wedding services, currency exchange, wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge), laundry facilities, and multilingual staff who can provide tour information and ticket assistance.
Business facilities include 8 meeting rooms with audiovisual equipment available, catering, and a business center. Parking is available nearby, at a discounted rate. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a fee and requires 24-hour advance notice.
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Business services
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 249
- Multilingual staff
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Currency exchange
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Wedding services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Parking nearby
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Year Built 1880
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Room Amenities
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Direct-dial phone
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Climate control
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Tempus - Chic restaurant and bar with calm color tones and simple lighting that illuminates the slinky, chilled atmosphere. Offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.
Room service is available 24 hours a day.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
- Bowling alley nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): GBP 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for high-speed Internet (wired) in public areas: GBP 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Early check-in fee: GBP 10
- Deposit: GBP 50 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.