Availability: Apex International Hotel
Next to Edinburgh Castle in the Grassmarket
With a stay at Apex International Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Edinburgh, steps from Scotch Whisky Heritage Centre and minutes from Edinburgh Castle.
This 4-star hotel is close to Greyfriars Kirk and Princes Street Gardens.
Stay in one of 171 guestrooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Take advantage of recreational opportunities offered, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional features include complimentary wireless Internet access, wedding services, and a television in the lobby.
Grab a bite at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Edinburgh? This hotel has 906 square feet (84 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms and small meeting rooms. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Apex International Hotel Amenities
Complimentary wireless Internet access is available throughout the Apex International Hotel, and the concierge can provide information on local tourist attractions.
The hotel houses five conference rooms, with capacity for up to 200 people, and able to accommodate business meetings, wedding receptions, and banquets.
Secure parking is provided on site for up to 60 cars (surcharge).
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 171
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Luggage storage
- Express check-in
- Business center
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 84
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Smoke-free property
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Conference space size (feet) - 906
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), Parking (limited spaces)
- Room Amenities
- Complimentary newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Complimentary bottled water
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room safe
- LCD TV
Heights - Narrow restaurant located on top floor of hotel with floor-to-ceiling windows framing views of Edinburgh Castle, which is lit up at night. Warm decor in wood, marble, chocolate brown upholstered chairs, and white linen topped tables. Serves contemporary Scottish and international dishes. Open for breakfast daily, and dinner Monday to Saturday.
Metro Bar - Modern split-level bar and brasserie overlooking the Grassmarket and Edinburgh Castle. Upper-level bar has low tables, leather sofas, and a plasma-screen TV.
Yu-Time Leisure facilities, located on the hotel's basement level, include a gym with treadmills, exercise bikes, weight machines and wall-mounted TVs; complimentary bottled water and towels are provided. There is also a stainless steel, ozone-treated pool with views out to the Grassmarket and castle, and a ‘tropicarium' with sauna and solarium. Access to the spa is complimentary and is exclusive to Apex Hotel guests.
Arthur's Seat, two miles from the hotel, offers many different walks with views over Edinburgh Castle and the old town and, on clear days, to the Ochil Hills and the Firth of Forth. There are over 20 golf courses in and around the city.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golfing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Apex International Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2:30 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Self parking fee: GBP 12 per night
- Additional Details
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Tourism Business Scheme (GTBS), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
Kids eat free offer:
- Children up to 12 years old eat free when dining off the kids' menu with an accompanying paying guest staying and dining at the hotel