Please enter your travel dates.
Accessible King Premier
Premier Room, 1 King Bed
Queen Queen Premier
Elegant Dallas hotel in University Park, next to SMU
Located in Dallas (SMU - Park Cities), The Lumen, a Kimpton Hotel is minutes from Meadows Museum and Southern Methodist University.
This eco-friendly hotel is within close proximity of Gerald J. Ford Stadium and George W Bush Presidential Library and Museum.
Make yourself at home in one of the 93 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Bathrooms feature showers, designer toiletries, and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and concierge services. Additional amenities include babysitting/childcare and complimentary use of a nearby fitness facility.
Enjoy a satisfying meal at a restaurant serving guests of The Lumen, a Kimpton Hotel. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and banquet facilities.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Located in the upscale University Park area of Dallas, the pet-friendly The Lumen, a Kimpton Hotel offers guests valet parking (surcharges apply), wireless and wired Internet access in public areas of the property (surcharge), and a year round outdoor heated pool. The hotel also has a cardio theater and provides access to a nearby fitness center.
This hotel is a smoke-free property.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Banquet facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business services
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Number of floors - 3
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 93
- Parking garage
- Secretarial services
- Smoke-free property
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge, Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- LCD TV
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room safe
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room massage available
- Microwave (on request)
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower only
- Turndown service
The Front Room, a Park Cities Diner - Opens for breakfast. lunch, and dinner. This restaurant features typical American fares, handcraft cocktails, and espresso bar.
Guests of The Lumen, a Kimpton Hotel can take advantage of the Larry North Cardio Fitness Theater inside the hotel. Guests also have access to the full Larry North fitness center located two miles from the hotel. The 210-acre tree-lined campus of Southern Methodist University is across the street, ideal for visitors who want to go for a jog or stroll. The Lumen also offers a year round outdoor heated pool on site for your fitness or relaxation.
Golfers can visit the two 18-hole courses and driving range at Tenison Highlands, 8.5 miles from the hotel, or venture 9 miles to the Stevens Park Golf Course.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Basketball nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 13 per day
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.