Please enter your travel dates.
One Double Non Smoking
Standard One King
One King Bed, Accessible
- One King Bed
Standard Two Doubles
Historic grandeur in Chicago's theater, business district
With a stay at The Palmer House Hilton, you'll be centrally located in Chicago, steps from Bank of America Theatre and Haskell Building.
This 4-star hotel is close to Art Institute of Chicago and Millennium Park.
Make yourself at home in one of the 1,639 air-conditioned guestrooms. Your room comes with a pillowtop bed. Cable programming along with video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment. Bathrooms have shower/tub combinations and hair dryers.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include concierge services, gift shops/newsstands, and a hair salon.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's room service (during limited hours). Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Chicago? This hotel has 110000 square feet (10219 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms, small meeting rooms, and a ballroom. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge at scheduled times, and parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Located in Chicago's theatre district, the recently renovated (September 2008) Palmer House Hilton's 110,000 square feet of conference space features a range of venues, including exhibit halls, salons, private dining rooms, and several ballrooms with crystal chandeliers and Beaux Arts decor. Event catering, audiovisual equipment, and high-speed Internet access are available (surcharge). A business center provides printing, faxing, copying, and wireless Internet access; fees apply.
The fitness center offers Precor fitness equipment, group exercise classes, and an indoor pool.
Several clothing and gift boutiques are located on the hotel's lower level.
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Concierge desk
- Health club
- Room service (limited hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Banquet facilities
- Exhibit space
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Event catering
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Audiovisual equipment
- Cell phone/mobile rental
- Business services
- Computer rental
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- Multilingual staff
- Total number of rooms - 1,639
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 25
- Currency exchange
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Year Built 1925
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 110000
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Laundry facilities
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Express check-in
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 10219
- Beauty services
- Full-service health spa
- Hair salon
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Parking garage
- Spa tub
- Steam room
Available in some public areas: Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking garage, Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Voice mail
- Multi-line phone
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Microwave (on request)
- Wake-up calls
- Turndown service (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Extra towels/bedding in room
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Clock radio
- Window opens
- Daily housekeeping
- Electronic check-out
- Electronic/magnetic keys
- Cable TV service
- Pillowtop mattress
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Climate control
- In-room massage available
Lockwood - Contemporary menu inspired by traditional French and Italian cuisine. Upscale setting. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner.
Potter's - Lobby-level bar and lounge offering cocktails and appetizers.
The Palmer House Hilton's 10,000-square-foot health club (surcharge) features a fitness center with free weights and cardiovascular and strength-training equipment, personal trainers, an indoor pool and exercise classes.
This Hilton hotel is a mile from Lake Michigan, where guests can walk, jog, or bike along a 20-mile lakefront path. Oak Street Beach, 1.5 miles away, is popular for sunbathing and swimming in the summer. Within six miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Swimming on site
Balance Spa offers massages, facials, and beauty services. This full-service health spa includes 12 treatment rooms and a hair salon.
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 13
- Number of treatment rooms 12
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 75
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Early departure fee charged
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.99 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.99 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 42 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 62 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per room, per stay
- Refrigerator fee: USD 40 per stay
- In-room microwave fee: USD 40 per stay
- Additional Details
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.