Please enter your travel dates.
Large Deluxe King
One Bedroom Suite
A Calgary landmark hotel since 1914
A stay at The Fairmont Palliser places you in the heart of Calgary, steps from Art Gallery of Calgary and Calgary Tower.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Vertigo Theatre and Lunchbox Theatre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 407 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, with wired and wireless Internet access available for a surcharge. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. This hotel also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and shopping on site.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, audiovisual equipment, and a technology helpdesk. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a ballroom, banquet facilities, and exhibit space. Parking (subject to charges) is conveniently located nearby.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The original downtown centre of Calgary was located 10 blocks to the east of The Fairmont Palliser. The completion of the Edwardian commercial-style luxury hotel in 1914 resulted in the downtown core being relocated around The Palliser. These stores and shops were established on what is now historic Stephen Avenue Walk. In keeping with the sandstone construction of The Fairmont Palliser, Stephen Avenue Walk buildings are also made of sandstone. Stephen Avenue Walk is a vibrant centre of downtown life, home to 350 shops and 35 restaurants and pubs. The theatre district anchors the east end of this five-block cobblestone pedestrian walk. There are ten nightclubs within blocks of the hotel, giving guests the choice of dance, rock, country or jazz music. Most nightclubs offer live music on the weekends.
The Fairmont Palliser is also located next to another city landmark; The Calgary Tower—complete with observation lounge and revolving Panorama room restaurant. Also nearby, the Calgary Zoo is the 10th largest in North America and offers a diverse activities for families on the weekends (the Calgary Zoo is five minutes by car or ten minutes by Public Light Rail Transit/LRT).
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Spa tub
- Spa services on site
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Technology helpdesk
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Banquet facilities
- Audiovisual equipment
- Business services
- Total number of rooms - 407
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Beauty services
- Tour assistance
- Currency exchange
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Express check-in
- Laundry facilities
- Shopping on site
- Business center
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Year Built 1914
- Full-service health spa
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Cribs/infant beds available
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
The Rimrock - Serves three meals daily (closed Saturday lunch). Décor features hand-tooled leather pillars, original mural, and a heritage fireplace. View of grand lobby. Classic regional cuisine, prime rib, themed lunch buffets. Reservations recommended.
The Oak Room - Leather wingback chairs and vaulted ceilings. Premium cocktails, light lunches, and appetizers.
Sunday Brunch - Lavish buffet served in the grand lobby. Traditional brunch fare, with fresh seafood and rich desserts. Reservations required.
The Fairmont Palliser has a spa tub, eucalyptus steam room, and a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Skiing - downhill nearby
- Skiing - cross-country nearby
- Snowboarding nearby
- Ice skating nearby
- Snowshoeing nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Racquetball/squash nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Horse riding/rental nearby
- Swimming on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 1
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): CAD 13.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: CAD 37 per night (in/out privileges)
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.