Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Room, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed
- 1 king
City Room, 1 King or 1 Queen Bed - Advance Purchase
- 1 king
Opulent historic hotel in bustling downtown Austin
With a stay at The Driskill, you'll be centrally located in Austin, steps from Mexic Arte Museum and Paramount Theater.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Frost Bank Tower and AMOA-Arthouse.
Make yourself at home in one of the 189 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Cable programming and video-game consoles are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries.
Be sure to enjoy recreational amenities including a health club and a steam room. Additional amenities include babysitting/childcare and wedding services.
Enjoy a meal at a restaurant or in a coffee shop/café. Or stay in and take advantage of the hotel's 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and audiovisual equipment. Event facilities at this hotel consist of a ballroom, banquet facilities, and exhibit space. Parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
This Austin hotel adjoins the 6th Street Entertainment District and is two blocks from the Warehouse District, famed for its restaurants and live-music scene. The Driskill is a member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America.
The hotel's mezzanine level has an impressive marble floor and a wraparound balcony overlooking bustling 6th and Brazos streets. Room service and concierge service are available around the clock. The 24-hour business center includes computers with complimentary high-speed Internet access. The property is smoke-free (fines apply for smoke-free violations).
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Concierge desk
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Health club
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee shop or café
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Exhibit space
- Business services
- Audiovisual equipment
- Total number of rooms - 189
- Express check-in
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Express check-out
- Security guard
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Tour assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1886
- Wedding services
- Event catering
- Laundry facilities
- Luggage storage
- One meeting/conference room
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Secure parking
- Parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Smoke-free property (fines apply)
- Translation services
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Secure parking, Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- iPod docking station
- Connecting / adjoining rooms available
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Driskill Grill - Renowned restaurant serving New American cuisine. Seafood, steak, poultry, and vegetarian items, as well as prix fixe and tasting menus. Menu may include Macadamia Encrusted Ahi, Sautéed Wild Salmon, Flame-Grilled Filet Mignon. Award-winning wine list. Dinner only, Tuesday through Saturday.
1886 Café & Bakery - Lobby-level café and bakery with viewing window and mahogany bar. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, late-night desserts, beer, wine, cocktails. Sunday brunch menu until mid-afternoon. Open daily early morning to late evening.
Driskill Bar - Texas-themed lounge with stuffed longhorn head over the fireplace, cowhide couches, faux-snakeskin wallpaper. Live piano music Monday–Saturday, early evening to late evening. Signature drinks, Texas beers, extensive wine list, casual menu of appetizers and light entrees.
The 24-hour health club, located on the mezzanine level, has a fitness area overlooking the street. In addition to five weight machines, guests can work out on elliptical trainers, treadmills, stationary bikes, and stair steppers. Facilities include a stretching room and men's and women's locker rooms with steam rooms. Cold water and chilled face cloths are provided. Massage treatments are available by appointment (surcharge).
Town Lake, five blocks from the hotel, offers a 10-mile hiking and biking path along the Colorado River. Seasonal recreation includes canoeing, kayaking, and paddleboating. Golf courses are within 10 miles.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Golf - driving range nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Rowing or canoeing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Volleyball nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Tennis nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Pilates classes/instruction nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Valet parking fee: USD 28 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: USD 100.00
- Refrigerator fee: USD 30.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.
Please note: All rate plans are nonrefundable on the following travel dates: June 5-9, 2014; October 16-18, 2014; November 6-8, 2014; November 26-28, 2014; and December 31, 2014.