Availability: Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol
Traditional Double RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Superior Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Superior Double RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Club Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Club Double RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Downtown Austin hotel, 3 blocks from state capitol
Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol is centrally located in Austin, walking distance from French Legation Museum and close to Capitol Visitors Center.
This eco-friendly hotel is within close proximity of Esther's Follies and Millett Opera House.
Make yourself at home in one of the 364 air-conditioned rooms featuring espresso makers. Premium TV channels provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary newspapers.
Enjoy a range of recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional amenities include wireless Internet access (surcharge), gift shops/newsstands, and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar and dine alfresco (weather permitting). Or stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), a business center, and express check-in. Planning an event in Austin? This hotel has 20000 square feet (1858 square meters) of space consisting of conference/meeting rooms and small meeting rooms.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The following facilities will be closed from 18 July 2014 to 20 July 2014 (dates subject to change):
- Swimming pool
Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol Amenities
This downtown Austin hotel with distinctively modern architecture and majestic views of the city is within a half-mile of state government offices, the convention center, the University of Texas, and the 6th Street Entertainment District. Business amenities include a Link@Sheraton and 20,000 square feet of meeting space. Wireless Internet access is available in the hotel lobby for a fee. Recreational facilities include a fitness center and a pool with indoor and outdoor sections. The on-site restaurant specializes in Southwestern cuisine.
The Sheraton Austin at the Capitol is entirely smoke-free.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Business center
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Conference space size (feet) - 20000
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Luggage storage
- Swimming pool - outdoor
- Express check-in
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 364
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 16
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1858
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Swimming pool - outdoor seasonal
- Television in lobby
- Wedding services
- Coffee shop or café
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Room service (24 hours)
- Number of meeting rooms - 16
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless Internet access - surcharge , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
Landmark - The hotel restaurant specializes in Southwestern cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Starbucks - The hotel's coffee bar serves light breakfast items.
The hotel provides a spa tub and an indoor/outdoor pool. Indoor and outdoor sections of the pool are separated by glass panels. The fitness center includes cardio-vascular equipment, free weights, and Nautilus machines.
Jogging paths on Waller Creek are adjacent to the property, and tennis courts are four miles away. Riverside Golf Course is five miles from the hotel, and Cimarron Hills Golf Course is 18 miles from the hotel.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Sheraton Austin Hotel at the Capitol Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Pet policy - dogs only, Pet maximum weight in lb is 40
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 9.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 20 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 60 per stay plus USD 250.00 one-time cleaning
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per night
- Additional Details
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Second Party CertifiedThis property participates in Energy Star For Hospitality, a second-party certification program. Second-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an assessor or auditor that is not independent of the second-party certification program.