Please enter your travel dates.
Standard Apartment, 1 King Bed (Suite)
Classic Double Room, 1 Queen Bed
Superior Room, 1 Queen Bed
Superior Room, 2 Single Beds
Historic Dutch hotel close to the Royal Palace
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is in the heart of Amsterdam, walking distance from National Monument and Madame Tussauds.
This 5-star hotel is within close proximity of Dam Square and Zuiderkerk.
Make yourself at home in one of the 177 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries. Conveniences include direct-dial phones, as well as safes and desks.
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare, and wedding services.
Grab a bite to eat at the hotel's restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar, take in a garden view, and even dine alfresco (weather permitting). You can also stay in and take advantage of 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Hot/cold buffet breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and an Internet point. Planning an event in Amsterdam? This hotel has 15069 square feet (1400 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center, conference/meeting rooms, and small meeting rooms. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available on request) and a train station pick-up service.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Located between two canals in the heart of the city, Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam boasts a rich history. Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel blends sleek design with five-star facilities, including 52 luxury suites with butler service and an indulgent spa. With the Michelin-stared restaurant Bridges, Amsterdam’s first raw bar, a vinothèque, library, and a brown café, this is the perfect spot for the discerning traveler to have a luxury stay in Amsterdam.
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Audiovisual equipment
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 5
- Banquet facilities
- Business center
- Business services
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Currency exchange
- Event catering
- Exhibit space
- Express check-out
- Full-service health spa
- Health club
- Technology support staff
- Free Wi-Fi
- Internet point
- Tour assistance
- Total number of rooms - 177
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Parking limited (surcharge)
- Massage - spa treatment room(s)
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Conference center
- Year Built 1578
- Meeting facilities size (feet) - 15069
- Meeting facilities size (meters) - 1400
- Number of meeting/conference rooms - 17
- Secretarial services
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Spa tub
- Steam room
- Swimming pool - indoor
- Technology helpdesk
- Wedding services
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Fireplace in lobby
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Laundry facilities
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Spa services on site
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi, Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Parking (surcharge), Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking limited (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Direct-dial phone
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Extra towels/bedding
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free Wi-Fi
- In-room massage available
- Flat-panel TV
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Espresso maker
Bridges - Michelin-starred French restaurant serving seafood and innovative Dutch dishes with fresh, organic ingredients. The Private Dining Room overlooks a Vinothèque with French and New World wines.
Bridges Cocktail Bar - This trendy Amsterdam bar offers classic cocktails, fine Gosset Champagne and wine flights selected by the hotel's sommelier.
The Flying Dutchman - Brown café offering refreshing draft beers and a range of malts and whiskeys served by knowledgeable bartenders. Also serves tasty pub food and snacks.
Bridges Raw Bar - The Netherlands' first Raw Bar serves fresh fish as oysters, carpaccios, tartars, lobster and seafood platters, prepared before your eyes by dedicated chefs.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Boating nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Aerobics nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Playground nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Boat launch on site
- Running track/path on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Swimming on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Designed over two floors, the offers rejuvenating traditions from around the world where skilled therapists create an invigorating spa experience. SoSPA also includes an indoor pool with jetstream, hot tub, sauna, hammam, and SoFIT gymnasium.
- Sauna in spa
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body scrubs
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Turkish bath/Hammam in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
At check-in, you'll be asked to present the credit card you used to book your room.
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same hotel / stay dates).
- Unless otherwise indicated, the charges below are not included in the overall room price. If not included in the overall room price, they will be charged by the property at check-in or check-out. Charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book. This property told us they will charge you for the following:
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- A 5.5 percent city/local tax will be charged
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 35 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 50 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per day
- Additional Details
This property offers transfers from the train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Milieubarometer (Green Key), a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Hot List.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.